I love my children with such total and complete love - truly unlike anything I’ve ever experienced! In my eyes, they are perfection!💕 My instinctual desire is for them to live lives of perfection*, and anything short of that is utterly agonizing for me to watch. I want to protect them from every possible moment of pain. I want them to always know that they are loved beyond measure, by me and by Jesus. I want them to live with unshakable confidence in themselves - to see themselves the way I do.
None of that is attainable. I know that. But those are my ideal goals, in a perfect world.
I want my children to grow up knowing in the depths of their souls that they are loved unconditionally. I want them to have close, loving, supportive relationships with each other that last their lifetimes. I will not have succeeded as a parent if they have fractured connections as adults. One of my deepest wishes for our family is that ties remain tight for generations to come.
* When I say “lives of perfection,” I’m not talking about their performance or success or anything like that. I mean that I wish everything was perfect for them - that they never suffered or struggled. And even then, obviously I only mean it idealistically.
No comments:
Post a Comment